The Ultimate Fish Fan Site

The Ultimate Forum For Fish Addicts!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Marimo (Moss Balls)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Marimo (Moss Balls)   Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 pm

It was about 6 years ago when I bought my first marimo when I had a trip to Lake Akan, Hokkaido, Japan. It was in a little glass bottle and the shopkeeper told me to keep it in the fridge, as it requires cool temperatures. I changed water every week and kept it in my grandmother’s fridge. I eventually forgot about it. Soon, I left my home country, and came to the Netherlands. My family also forgot about it, and eventually it got piled to the bottom of the fridge because my grandmother is “overstocking” the fridge. lol!

Five years later…
Arrow
My grandfather called me about last week and he told me that he found the marimo. Cool I thought it was dead long ago but at actually had “divided”! Shocked The original marimo got bigger, and my grandfather found another extra two in the bottle which originally there was only one. All the marimos are still perfectly health and green, but the most amazing thing is that it lived in the same, old water for more than five years and received totally no light at all! affraid I am extremely surprised of how strong these little moss balls are. I can’t wait when I go back to see it in the summer!
Very Happy Razz cheers

Unlimitedfishboy

andiesch
Mackerel
Mackerel

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Marimo (Moss Balls)   Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:43 pm

Shocked wow thats crazy, i wish i could find moss balls... they dont sell them anywhere near me bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Marimo (Moss Balls)
Page 1 of 1